Dragonflight Beta - Warrior Feedback, Short Story - Visage Day

Feedbot

News Feed Bot
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker
/ Official Forums
)
Hello, Warriors.

This week we’ve mostly been fixing errors and tweaking things for the Class, Arms and Fury trees. We’re happy with where these are at and don’t intend to make any large changes moving forward. Arms and Fury and the various options within seem to be preforming well and people are enjoying them, we’ll be monitoring feedback and tuning things where needed.

We’ve focused more on the Protection tree this week and provide more details on this below.

Class Tree
  • Bitter Immunity – Once again more easily available, but now no longer clears Bleeds.
  • Reinforced Plates – The armor values should now be correctly calculated.
  • Battle Stance – Now reduces the effects of Root and Snares by 10% (was 15%).
  • Berserker Stance – Now reduced the effects of incapacitating effects by 10% (was 15%).
  • Inspiring Presence – Tooltip updated to make its effect clearer.
  • Spear of Bastion – Now grants 20 Rage (was 25).
  • Elysian Might – Now extends the duration of Spear of Bastion by 2 seconds (was 4 seconds).
  • Piercing Verdict – Damage and Rage bonus increased to 50% (was 30%).
  • Endurance Training: Fury – Now increases Stamina by 5% and reduces the duration of moment impairing effects on you by 10%.
  • Endurance Training: Arms and Protection – Now increases Stamina by 5% and reduces the duration of Fear, Sap and Incapacitate effects on you by 10%.
  • Thunderous Roar – Now deals damage in a 12 yard radius (was a frontal cone) and also generates 10 Rage.
  • Shockwave – Now generates 10 Rage.
  • Avatar – Now grants 15 Rage (was 20).
  • Crushing Force: Protection – Tooltip should now correctly update granting 5% increased critical damage per rank.
  • Barbaric Training: Protection – Revenge damage reduced to 30% (was 40%).

Arms
  • Stormwall – Now has a lockout period of 1 second.
  • Dance of Death – Clarified tooltip to make it clear you are not required to get the killing blow.
  • Exploiter – No longer effects Cleave, the synergy here was odd and didn’t work in practice.
  • Fracture – Updated tooltip to not reference Thunderous Roar.
  • Bloodborne – No longer increased the damage of Rend’s initial strike.
  • Exploit the Weakness – Removed from the talent tree.
  • Deft Experience – Now grants 1% Mastery and increases Tactician’s chance to trigger by 0.5% per rank.
  • Rend – The initial strike of Rend’s damage has been increased to 64% damage (was 32%).
  • Massacre – Updated Massacre visuals.

Fury
  • Annihilator – Now generates 2 Rage per attacks.
  • Dancing Blades – Now triggers from procs correctly.
  • Annihilator – Can now be used with 2-handed weapons.
  • Rampage – Damage reduced to 206% (was 227%).
  • Hack and Slash – Was incorrectly triggering on every Rampage strike instead of casting Rampage. We like this functionality, so now Hack and Slash has a 20% chance with each Rampage strike to refund a charge of Raging Blow.
  • Storm of Steel – Now causes Ravager to generate 15 Rage per hit (was 10).
  • Critical Thinking – Now grants 1% critical strike chance per rank (was 1.5%) and the tooltip now correctly states that it affects Annihilator.
  • Annihilator, Slam, Thunderous Roar, Shockwave, and Odyn’s Fury should now gain extra Rage benefit from Recklessness.
  • Wrath and Fury – Now increases Raging Blow’s damage by 10% (was 5%).
  • Slaugthering Strikes – Auras now display correctly for both Raging Blow and Annihilator, and it can now be triggered via Crushing Blow.
  • Bloodcraze – Can now be triggered via Bloodbath.

Protection Developer Notes
  • We’ve started to put more focus on the Protection tree this week and you’ll see a large update next week also.
  • We’re very happy with how Protection Warriors are playing, but they have been overperforming both in terms of survivability and damage, so we’ve made some tweaks to bring them more in line with the other tanking classes.
  • We don’t intend to make large structural changes to Protection Warrior’s trees, our goals for the next week are mainly around bug fixing, tuning and to make the bottom left and right sides of the tree more appealing.
  • We’ve made some changes to the baseline Vanguard ability to account for the large amount of survivability bonuses available in the talent tree.

Protection
  • Deep Wounds – Should now trigger Bloodsurge correctly.
  • Titanic Throw – Fixed an issue causing Titanic Throw to get the 100% bonus from Improved Heroic Throw twice.
  • Heroic / Titanic Throw – Now has a 3 second cooldown.
  • Auto-attack damage reduced by 20%.
  • Brace for Impact – Aura tooltip should now correctly reference Shield Slam. Now increases Shield Slams damage by 5% per stack (was 10%), but lasts for 15 seconds (was 9 seconds).
  • Spiked Shield – Now causes high threat.
  • New Talent: Dance of Death – If your Ravager helps kill an enemy your next Ravager lasts 2 seconds and deals 20% increased damage.
  • Champion’s Bulwark – Should now add to existing Shield Block durations.
  • Juggernaut – Has a maximum of 10 stacks for Protection specialization but last 20 seconds.
  • Enduring Alacrity – Now grants 1% Haste per rank (was 2%).
  • Focused Vigor – Now grants 1% critical chance per rank (was 2%).
  • Vanguard – Increases your Stamina by 30% (was 45%), increases your Strength by 70% of your armor value (was 100%), and reduces damage you take by 5% (was 15%).
  • Revenge – Damage reduced to 53% (was 63%).
  • Shield Slam – Damage reduced to 80% (was 85%).
  • Punish – Shield Slam deals 10% increased damage (was 20%).
  • Best Served Cold – Revenge damage is now 10% (was 20%) and 30% when free (was 50%).
  • Unnerving Focus – Now grants 50% rage generation (was 60%).
  • Show of Force – Thunder Clap damage is now 20% (was 25%).
  • Booming Voice – Now generates 30 Rage (was 40).
  • Rend – Initial damage reduced to 32% (was 64%) and periodic damage reduced to 17% (was 23%).
  • Execute – Damage reduced by 8%.
  • Shield Charge no longer has a minimum range.

Warcraft Short Story: “Visage Day”
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker
/ Official Forums
)
Travel Azeroth with Chromie as she seeks wisdom from her fellow dragons in creating a visage, the mortal form dragons choose when coming of age.

“You must be Chronormu,” the dragon said with a polite bow of his head. “I am Kalecgos. It is an honor to meet you.”

The bronze bowed his head in response. “Delighted, Kalecgos! Zidormi speaks highly of you. Thank you for taking the time to see me. I can tell you’re very busy.”

Kalecgos smiled. There was something calm and gentle about him. “My master, Malygos, expects members of our flight to train relentlessly. But I can always find time to do a favor for a friend. Zidormi informed me that you seek guidance about your upcoming Visage Day?”

Chronormu gave a sober nod. “Indeed, and it is fast approaching. I find myself torn over which mortal form best represents who I am. I sought out my own master, and he suggested I try to learn from others who had already made their decision. If I may ask, Kalecgos, how did you choose a form?”

Read this charming and heartfelt fairy tale written by Lead Narrative Designer Steve Danuser, part of the short story collection Folk & Fairy Tales of Azeroth.

Continue reading...