Head Enchants Removed, Priest Skill Animations, Diablo 3 Patch Incoming, TCG Art

Feedbot

News Feed Bot
d3.png
Diablo 3 - Diablo 3 Patch 1.0.2.9858 Coming Soon

Head Enchants Removed

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Head enchants are gone.

We decided that putting head enchants on the various faction vendors wasn't working well with our design intent for the factions. There is a lot of max-level quest content in MoP, much of it focused around the reputation with the new factions. I think it's really cool stuff -- worlds away from the old Argent Dawn scourge stone days.

In previous expansions, the head enchants on the faction vendors served to force players into that content. You couldn't even choose which reputation to pursue -- you had to pursue the one with your specific head enchant. Our design intent for MoP is to give players options in how to play, and the head enchant design wasn't compatible with that.

Once we decided to no longer offer new head enchants, we made the older ones non-functional or else players would feel like they had to go back to older content or be missing out on power. This way, helmets are just no longer enchantable and you'll have one less required step to get a piece of loot ready to wear.

Shoulder enchants can now be provided by scribes, so those still exist, but they are also not part of the faction reputation system.

Priest Skill Animations Preview
Today we continue with the Priest's new skill animations!

d3.png
Diablo 3 Patch 1.0.2.9858 Coming Soon
WoW news is still pretty slow and most of the CM activity is still focused on Diablo 3, for now we have datamined notes of the upcoming patch 1.0.2.9858

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Demonhunter
  • Smoke Screen Cost: 14 Discipline / Vanish behind a wall of smoke, becoming momentarily invisible for 1 second (down from 2 seconds)
    • Lingering Fog : Increase the duration of the effect to 1.5 seconds (down from 3).
    • Breathe Deep : While invisible you gain 12 (up from 6) Hatred per second.
Monk
  • Mantra of Healing Cost: 50 Spirit / Recite a Mantra that causes you and your allies within 40 yards to gain increased Life regeneration by 310 Life per second. The Mantra lasts 3 minutes. / For 3 seconds after activation, Mantra of Healing shrouds you and your allies with a mystical shield that absorbs up to 930 damage. (Changed from Increasing the effect by 1240.4 Life per second)
    • Boon of Inspiration : (was Boon of Protection) has been fully changed. Now also heals for 186 life when hitting an enemy (Changed from - Mantra of Healing shrouds you and your allies with a mystical shield for 2 seconds that absorbs up to 15% of each target's maximum Life)

d3.png
Diablo 3 Blue Posts

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Session Spoofing
We've investigated several reports of "session spoofing," as reported both in these forums and elsewhere on the internet. We treat these kinds of reports very seriously; however, to date, we have yet to identify a single case of compromise which was the result of a player joining or participating in a public game.

Additionally, we've looked into the issue and found no evidence to indicate compromises are occurring in this fashion, and we've determined the methods being suggested to do so are technically impossible.

Even so, we're continuing to investigate related reports. If you have evidence which supports your claim that such reports are "100% true," then please relay that information to our support representatives. If you're just spreading hearsay, however...well, that's just not cool. Spinning the rumor mill isn't helping the community, it's only making it dizzy. (Blue Tracker / Official Forum)

Auction House Error 31073
Players will sometimes receive "Error 31073" when attempting to create a new auction. This is an intentional measure to help improve auction house stability by throttling the number of auctions that can be created at any given time. To that end we plan on updating the messaging that accompanies this error in a future patch to better describe why players are receiving it. If you receive this error message when attempting to list an auction you should wait a few moments and try again. While we understand this is an inconvenience, our goal is to ensure a more stable auction house experience for everyone. (Blue Tracker / Official Forum)

Trading Card Game Art Update
Blizzard has updated the Trading Card Game art gallery to feature ten new pieces.

More...

No more faction grind

Unsure how to feel

Hrm.....
All that time with the Sons of Hodir.....

It's not a bad move, I certainly understand what they mean by placing Head Enchants on faction made it restrictive, but same as Deny, unsure how I feel towards this.

At least now when I level my alts I don't have to worry about raising faction reputation... not like it was hard, but one less thing to care about =D.

It's not a bad move, I certainly understand what they mean by placing Head Enchants on faction made it restrictive, but same as Deny, unsure how I feel towards this.

At least now when I level my alts I don't have to worry about raising faction reputation... not like it was hard, but one less thing to care about =D.

Coming from the guy who levelled cooking on all his alts? =p

But yeah dunno if this will be a good thing, I know I prob will still level the rep up for whatever extra stuff they may give gear wise or ach pts etc.

overall i think this is good, plus this opens up yet another revenue source for Inscription with the shoulder enchants