I have busted ribs HALP !!!!

Slk

Friend
Main Character
Slikx
Sup guys, I play footy (Aussie Rules or AFL for anyone who doesnt know).

Anyways, 5 weeks ago i cracked a rib and bruised my left side pretty badly and i have been playin footy since but have been struggling and struggling to breathe and the pain is getting more severe since i keep knocking it every time i play.

We are in the finals and just one our semi final and we are playing our elimination final this coming week which is a really big game for us.

I played on saturday the coaching staff gave me some panadol rapid with nurofen plus and rubbed Ice gel on it every quarter which seemed to help, but after the meds wore off its been killin me to breathe or even get up out of bed, pretty much any pressure i put on my lungs kills.

So my question is this, since i wont stop playing because of this injury, I need to play as im a pretty important player in our team and there is no way im missing finals footy... Would anyone have any recommendations on pain relief wether thats by tablets, subscription, home remedies or a glass of harden the fuck up ?

Me and the coaching staff are trying to find something to take the pain away just for 2 hours to allow me to play pain free but still allows me to function almost at 100% capacity.

The meds i took on the weekend stuffed me around for half the game, i had dry mouth something kronic and i felt like throwin my guts up, after half time i came good, but i need to be playin good for 4 quarters of footy and not just 2.

Any advise from anyone in guild ?

Maybe someone has had a similar experience or has a background in giving medical advise.

Few things I cab recommend none of which are legal!

But seriously you should prob stop and let it heal lest it gets worse. Wat if your rib punctures your lung?

Way i look it at is that i have the whole off season to recover, Not everyone gets a chance to play finals footy which means alot to me and so theres no chance of missing that.

Few of the boys down the club want me to get on the hooch but i dont wanna be drowsy or have my head feeling like shit, I just straight up want the pain gone for 2 hours... its a tough call.

Deny what do u recommend ?

Nothing over public forums, and not weed that's just stupid.

Il talk to u tonight

I play cricket , higher grades and have played with cracked ribs before

Few over the counter things work a treat

WOW, that is some determination there... a presciption from the doctors for some neurofen forte ( as neurofen reduces inflamation as well).. that should help you get through to the last game.

Yep neurofen forte works -
Make sure you eat a big bowl of carbs half hour before u take them - they are notorious for destroying your stomach lining

why can't u guys just stay at home and level archaeology

Yep neurofen forte works -
Make sure you eat a big bowl of carbs half hour before u take them - they are notorious for destroying your stomach lining

@ Deny Are they drowsy though ? coz i know panadol forte works wonders but completely fucks with ya head.

@ Enilyks HAHA determination yeh, im a pretty big team player if i commit to something i go all in or nothing at all is my attitude.

@ Gelly, LOL i still wont level archy, i'll get to it one day.... when im drunk and feeling suicidal then i will.

they fuck with ya head if you drink alcohol or dont eat.. big breakie and down a couple before the game starts then keep hydrated and they should kill the pain but not ya head.

pain is like a CD.. once its back, pop another and keep going =)

pain is like a CD.. once its back, pop another and keep going =)

I agree with this, But not when ya running around as much as i do, i run alot and my trouble with the panadol rapid + nurofen plus was i had cotton mouth really bad, I literally needed a drink every couple of minutes.

But good advise nonetheless, i need to try something different.

Have you like... considered seeking medical advice from a certified professional?

Yeh they tell me to not play... which isnt an option in my book lol.