News Ensidia Defeats Method in Battle of the Best

Tanka

Ensidia has defeated Method with a score of 10-1 at Games Convention Online Leipzig in Allvatar's Battle of the Best event.

Meks blog:
"So I thought I would do a short writeup about Battle of the Best from our point of view. I actually did one of these things last year also when it was SK vs Nihilum and we lost badly and this definitely had an effect on the mindset going into this one. Last year we took huge risks to try and make small gains in time and that caused mistakes and an overall loss. The phrase more haste less speed springs to mind. These speed runs are always won and lost on mistakes and not on gimmicks so this was definitely the core of our preparation.

We started out by making a comprehensive setup with all the buffs and as good a lineup as we could create. We knew Method would take a melee zerg and this would most likely result in them having higher dps. We only did one practice week since we farm 3x10 man groups on Algalon and didn't want to lock 3 tanks for more than 2 weeks. We worked out a few good tricks to try and get some more speed as safely as possible. The best one was probably to Mind Soothe the first 2 dwarves at the very first pull after XT. This means that you can skip the first pack before you invis pot and therefore there is no risk of getting adds (all 3 other guilds got adds at this point). We didn't work out the Hodir invis pot and actually leeched that idea from the 2 German guilds on the first day, but it worked out pretty well!

So we lost XT, I think that was pretty inevitable since they had better dps than us. The second section we won due to a mistake by them with the invis pot so that went quite smoothly, we knew that nobody else was going to do the Mind Soothe. The Watchers I knew again that we would be worse on dps but that their comp was dangerous for Mimiron. 1 Ranged is going to make that fight more difficult and open you up to more chance of failing. It worked out like that and they wiped on Mimiron meaning that we could catch up and take the win. I really don't think we played too well on Freya or Mimron but since we didn't wipe it went fine. The last section I knew we would have good damage on, the only problem was that we relied on good crashes to make our caster dps really count here. Unfortunately the clouds were not ideal, but we did good dps. We ended up with a slight edge due to a mistake by their Shaman causing the boss to heal more than it should. So onto Yogg and we were around 15 seconds ahead, I felt we had the setup advantage on this boss due to good mobility and a nice mix, especially in Phase 1. We pulled away in Phase 1 and 2 and managed to defeat Yogg around half a minute ahead of them.

We were reasonably happy with our performance, no regrets about our setup since the most important thing is to not wipe. Method prepared really well and their dps with that comp was sick so hats off to them in that regard. I certainly wouldn't like to be in the shoes of the people that made mistakes for them since with no mistakes I'm certain they would have won. As has been said many times, slow and steady wins the race, it's all about not making any errors.

We had great fun doing this event and we look forward to doing it another time, maybe next time we will try a physical damage zerg with slightly more balance than Method went with. I enjoyed playing the mix of Elemental and Restoration also!

Here are a few tunes from the last weeks to keep you happy! Looking forward to the new patch.

Andy Blueman, enough said "

WWS: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/AWO0Sw1zLq90FWU9/

Raid Comps

Ensidia:

Kungen (Prot Warrior)
Krematoria (Rogue)
Tun (Feral Druid)
Fenita (Frost DK)
Calebv (Marksman Hunter)
Muqq (Shadow Priest)
Ekye (Fire Mage)
Buzzkill (Destruction Warlock)