Dalaran Relocation, Invasion XP Fixes, Content Drought, Blue Posts, Bastion Short

Feedbot

News Feed Bot
d3.png
Firebird's Finery Hotfix Live

hearthstoneIcon.png
HearthPwn Card Design Competition Season 4 - Choose Your Weapon

hotsIcon.png
Gamescom Build Preview - Alarak & Zarya Data, Valla / Raynor / Sgt. Hammer Misc Changes

overwatchmini.png
The Last Bastion - Overwatch Animated Short

Legion - Dalaran Relocation
The Dalaran relocation cutscene has been updated since last time we previewed it. It now has voice acting and other tweaks. This is not live yet.

Legion Invasion Experience Fixes
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker
)
Thanks for all of the reports on issues with the amount of XP being rewarded.

We were able to investigate and identify that there were indeed a couple bugs with the way XP rewards were being handed out. We’re working on a hotfix that will correct the following issues:

• Fixed a bug that could reduce the amount of XP a player received when more than 6 players were attacking it.
  • Fixed a bug that could reduce the amount of XP a player received from creatures that scale with the number of attackers.

Once these fixes are live, please let us know how things feel. Again, our intention is for Demon Invasions to feel lucrative as long as players are actively participating in the event, and we believe that, once the correct amount of XP is being rewarded for killing creatures, that will once again be the case.

So.... if a level 100 taps an elite, do I still get screwed?
The intention would be no, once this is live.

When are these going live? so we know exactly when we're supposed to give our feedback about it
I don't have a time frame to provide right now, but I will try to provide an update once the hotfix is in - but since it is still being worked on, this could likely be tomorrow.

Legion Content Drought
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker
)
No content Drought at the end of Legion? I don't believe you. You can say it won't happen but we've had that happen what.... 3 times? Actions speak louder then words guys.
Actions do, indeed, speak louder than words. I think we all realize that this is a fact and that winning the trust of the community takes more than what some may see as just words.

As Watcher discussed yesterday (in case you missed it), there was a period where our main focus was faster expansions, and in pursuit of that goal we sacrificed things that ended up making the experience worse for everyone.

We are now focusing on a steady stream of content, and we are making sure to keep our story going alone and filling the time between new expansions. We really hope that you guys see this difference in Legion, and our goal is to avoid situations where we don't have significant content for 14 months.

Not to sound like a cynic or anything, but we've literally heard the exact same thing at the end of every expansion since Wrath.

"Well, I know this expansion's content drought sucked, but next time we'll do better!"

Followed by usually around a year of zero new content. I dont know what it is you guys are doing with the content development, but you've been doing it wrong for the past four expansions and I dont see any reason why we should believe Legion will be any different.

And not to attack this sentiment (I know where you are coming from), but since TBC/WotLK, we've actively stated our goal was to get the length between expansions down to one-a-year as our way of combating a lack of content. This goal, we've realized, is what has created a lot of problems as we were turning all of our focus away from the current expansion and moving on to the next a bit prematurely.

This is no longer the goal.

Blue Posts
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Cold Blood and Shadow Dance Hotfix

cold blood still not useable in shadow dance

I just tried (in a duel) and it seems to be working accordingly, can you try it again now to make sure?

This was hotfixed very recently (in between your two posts!) (Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Classes
idemonhunters.gif
Demon Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
Is it intended that Eye Beam is undesirable on a single target rotation?Can fix by reducing fury cost relative to chaos strike
No; if you have any up-to-date evidence of this, we'd love to see it. That should have been fixed a while ago. (Celestalon)

Broken Shore
On launch, once mains have done the full intro quest line (+Broken Shore/Kara/Ulduar) will the option to skip be available again?
yes, once you complete the final quest in the chain, unlocks 8/30 (Muffinus)

overwatchmini.png
Overwatch - The Last Bastion
Another Overwatch animated short has been released! This one focuses on Bastion's story.

Continue reading...