Icecrown Citadel Buff boosted to 10%

Feedbot

News Feed Bot
Icecrown Citadel Buff boosted to 10%
The Icecrown Citadel zone-wide buff has been boosted from 5 to 10%. Players now increases total health, healing done, damage absorption, and damage dealt by 10%.

More...

it's like getting free upgrades without having to spend gp

You don't spend GP noob... you receive it!

so now we should have a LK kill :D, but the buff will help a bit with those Valkyr for sure as we head deeper into that phase as we may start to lose people. Or now we should be able to kill them all have no one dropping off the edge just need to get on top of the defile which really shoudlnt be to hard.

You don't spend GP noob... you receive it!

!
So when you purchase something with a credit card, and the money you spend tallies up on the statement, you're actually receiving that money? Wow awesome! Brb spending spree

Wow awesome nice logic! Does your credit card balance decay each week without you doing anything? I doubt it. In fact, I bet it goes up each month if you do nothing!

NOOB

Like that's gonna happen... we both love debating too much :)

Wow awesome nice logic! Does your credit card balance decay each week without you doing anything? I doubt it. In fact, I bet it goes up each month if you do nothing!

NOOB

Thanks for illustrating the fact that two completely different systems are, in fact, completely different. I merely pointed out the reasonably obvious fact that spending and receiving are relative.

Doesn't change the fact that you CANNOT SPEND GP

Well I've been dallying around with my language on this, like saying someone incurs GP, but it is clumsy. Whether gold or GP goes up or down, we are still penalised by it. We might as well say "spend" - people know what you mean because it is a common language construction, and it doesn't really matter for common usage anyway.

That's the mindset we need to get people out of. If you say spend it promotes that idea that you have earned something and now possess it and can then expend it--that's not the case. People try to compare it to DKP which you just cannot do, you EARN both. You SPEND nothing. I realize it's easier to say spend and not bother with it, but it's really a whole different level of distribution, one that you cannot compare to any other system that I've seen.

I know I know - I'm just saying our language isn't really suited to this system, and there aren't many words we can correctly use to describe its mundane process. "Earn" is a good word for referring to increasing EP but not for GP because it implies you did something to get it. You can't even use typical words like spend, debt, buy etc. I use "incur" because it's the only alternative I can think of that implies a penalty.

But it's not a penalty :) How about accrue?

Technically it is a penalty. Just not in the negative way you generally assume when you think 'penalty'. Because one way or another, it means you're less likely to receive the next piece of loot in the near future. As your paladin will discover in the near future! Muahahaha

I have more GP than EP already. Haven't even raided yet! Stupid BOE... :p

Accrue - cool that works
So GP is a positive penalty Salo? That's creative thinking :)
And waggz that GP will mostly be wiped when I decay before raid