MoP PTR, BMAH Bid Cap, Brewmoon Festival Scenario, Blue Posts, The Daily Blink

Feedbot

News Feed Bot
d3.png
Diablo 3 - Discounted Potions, Barbarian Spreadsheet, Easter Eggs, Diablo III Developer Q&A, Blue Posts, AH Poll

Mists of Pandaria Coming to the PTR
BlizzardCS has mentioned the Mists of Pandaria PTR that recently appeared on the Battle.net account pages. The old PTR client is now able to download MigrationContent for the next patch, suggesting that it will be able to update to Mists of Pandaria.

As a reminder, when the patch is on the PTR and available for testing, it is likely that only the new systems will be in place, not any of the new Pandaria content, similar to the patch that takes place before every expansion is released.

Black Market Auction House Bid Cap Increased
The BMAH has had the bid cap increased to the new gold cap of 999,999 gold. Once you bid that amount, no one can outbid you, but the auction will continue to run for the entire duration.

A few new Mists of Pandaria items have started to appear since our first post, as indicated by the blank items that are sold by Mists of Pandaria NPCs.

Brewmoon Festival Scenario
Today we have another Scenario preview, the Brewmoon Festival. This is one of the longer scenarios that are able to be tested right now. Keep in mind this is still an early preview and everything is subject to change.

Horde Theramore Scenario Voiceovers
The previous beta patch also added the voice acting for the Theramore scenario. This is the Horde version of events.

Blue Posts

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Testing Heroic Dungeons
Currently for a player to enter into a Heroic Dungeon through the Dungeon Finder system requires an item level of 440. Currently, this is a more difficult bar to clear in the beta that it will be in the final live game.

We're going to work towards hotfixing that value down, but at the same time use some new magic we have to simulate a higher level. When that change gets applied, I'll edit this thread with the news.

In the meantime, you can actually go old school to test the dungeons. Form a group, then head in through the entrance! I'm making feedback threads for them all, since they're all open.

The level of the bosses in Heroics should be 92. Note that MoP has a different hit/miss formula than Cataclysm. Check your character sheet for more information.

We're looking into the character stuck issue, I don't have an ETA. We have the hotfix ready to go, just waiting on some logistical issues to be handled. It should hopefully be deployed by tomorrow morning PDT. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

The New Spellbook
We know from feedback and from testing that dividing spells among 3 tabs felt arbitrary to a lot of players. Some players didn't even realize they had access to some spells. The current design has all of your class spells in alphabetical order, with the exception that active abilities (those you can drag to your bar) come before passive abilities. We would consider a design where the passives are mixed in with the actives. (The general tab is for anything that isn't related to your class, such as racial abilities and things like riding.)

We've seen some ideas from players that we should attempt to categorize class abilities further, such as offensive vs. defensive, or buffs vs. heals, but worry that it would be very challenging to come up with a single organizational scheme that is intuitive to most of our players. I think it's like one of those deals where everyone organizes their hard drive, desktop or email inbox differently. Some people have tons of little categories that make sense to them (key point) and some keep everything in one big bucket. There isn't a one-size fits all scheme that works. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Jumping the Shark Quest Bug
Fix for this is coming in the next build. It's a bug. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

ihunters.gif
Hunter (Forums)
Glyph of Stampede
The design intent is that Stampede skips over any unusable pets (such as an exotic for a non-BM) hunter or any blank slots (in the case that maybe you left a hole in case you tame something interesting along the way). For any skipped slots, Stampede would just clone your current pet for that slot, so you would still always have 5 pets when you Stampede.

The idea of the glyph is that it would use the clone mechanic all the time. Theoretically, a hunter with only one pet would be wasting the glyph. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

The Daily Blink - So Shines a Good Deed in a Weary Forum
The Daily Blink gives us some of Ghostcrawler's song lyrics. Sadly no one has actually sung the song for us yet.

More...

They better.raise that cap for rare.mounts like ashes when it shows up.....

More than 1mil for rare mounts? You reckon?

Well depends on how much ppl want it, but I could see a rare mount like that going for a fair bit

Considering the cap is 999'999 gold i doubt you'd be able to spend more then you have on you. That just seems a little bit impossible.

I seriously doubt you will see rares mounts (raid ones) go for 999,999 gold often.

As Salem pointed out, considering the current cap is 999,999 gold. No doubt, someone out there will probably pay 999,999 gold for a certain mount, but when you consider the amount of people on ONE REALM that "could" have access to more than 1 Million gold, and then consider who "would" actually be willing to spend 999,999 gold on a mount, and you'll realize that the 999,999 bid cap is more than sufficient.

Never-mind the people who laughs and say "oh gold is easy to make, I can make xxxx gold per hour playing the AH", I can assure you that even in MoP, making 1 million gold will still be massively time consuming and tedious.

My guess... most rare mounts (outside of the popular ones like Mimiron's Head, Ashes of A'lar or Invincible) will most likely go for around 400-500k.