New Mobile Auction House App Coming Very Soon™

Feedbot

News Feed Bot
New Mobile Auction House App Coming Very Soon™
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker
/ Official Forums
)
Hello everyone!,

As I’m sure many of you folks are aware, Back in the day there was an App for our mobile phones for selling stuff on the Auction House. This App was widely known as the Mobile Auction House.

I’m not sure as to exactly why this App was retired from use, But I’ve seen numerous threads including This One, I commented in tonight asking for it to be returned.

I personally enjoyed using it for checking and selling my Auctions while I’ve been away from home. I would personally use it for those times when I was on my break at work and when travelling!

I’m also sure MANY players would be joyed to see this App make a comeback. I’m sure I would be!

Hi, everyone!

During the WoW Q&A portion of BlizzConline last year, a player asked the WoW Development Team about plans to bring the Auction House to the WoW Companion App. John Hight talked a bit about some of the history of the Armory App that previously hosted the Remote Auction House feature, why it was discontinued, and expressed a desire to bring the Auction House back to mobile in some form that serves our goals and players’ needs as much as we can, without devolving into a platform for automation and other forms of abuse.

I come bearing good news! My team has been working for quite a while on an updated version of the mobile Auction House that we think will satisfy those goals, while hopefully addressing the avenues for abuse, considering both the ways that players interact with the Auction House, as well as avenues in technical frameworks. We’re posting an article soon with more information. This version of the mobile Auction House will be available not Soon-ish™, not Soon™, but Very Soon™ – with the release of the 9.2.7 update! We hope you give the article a read, discuss, and try it out!

Continue reading...