Warcraft Movie Tweets, Small World of Warcraft Now Available for Pre-purchase

Feedbot

News Feed Bot
d3.png
Diablo IV - Quarterly Development Update

Warcraft Movie Tweets

Duncan Jones, the director of the Warcraft Movie, has answered questions about the movie and shared his vision of what Part 2 and 3 could have been. Note that even though the Warcraft Movie has the highest grossing world wide, there haven't been any announcements that the sequels may happen.
Originally Posted by Duncan Jones
Tweet: #NowWatching Warcraft: The Beginning; ManMadeMoon made a terrific fantasy film and UniversalPics & Blizzard_Ent should have let him continue the story. #Warcraft
Duncan Jones: Thank you Kevin. We’d done the hard work. It’s a pity we couldn’t build on that.

Tweet: Can I ask, had you planned out the story for a trilogy of films (or more perhaps)?
Duncan Jones: 3 films. Part 2 would have been Go’el/Thrall as a young orc slave in Blackmoore’s gladiator camp. Here he meets & befriends a Tauren who tells him of another land to the west where his people come from, & where he might find allies & maybe a new home...
Duncan Jones: three, the gathering horde army and freeing of orcs around the Eastern kingdom before a dangerous trip across the sea to Kalimdor, & the founding of the 1st Azerothian city of Orgrimmar. Basically the trilogy was the fulfilling of Durotan’s promise to give his people a new home.

Tweet: Sounds truly great. Certainly epic. A shame we won't see them.
Duncan Jones: Yeah... it would have been something special.

Tweet: Do you think that some sort of sequel to your movie will be made? Shame that you won't continue this marvelous vision within the Warcraft universe.
Duncan Jones: I have no idea, and no one i worked with on the film even works at Blizzard anymore.

Tweet: Despite all that happened. I'm glad that it was made and to have seen it. I liked the details and fun little things in there as well. Plus it became one of the highest-grossing video game movies world-wide. (even though some expected more from it)
Duncan Jones: THE highest grossing world wide.

Small World of Warcraft Now Available for Pre-purchase
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker
/ Official Forums
)
Blizzard Entertainment is excited to announce their first collaboration with Days of Wonder by introducing Small World® of Warcraft®, a new board game combining the Small World® game mechanics with Blizzard’s celebrated Warcraft® universe.

Small World of Warcraft is set on the fantasy world of Azeroth, where the races of the Alliance and the Horde—including Orcs, Dwarves, Trolls, and Worgen— clash in a world-consuming conflict.

In Small World of Warcraft, players choose combinations of special powers and races from the Warcraft universe, such as Portal Mage Pandarens or Herbalist Goblins, and vie for control of Azeroth. To help them achieve dominance, players will occupy legendary terrains and seek control of powerful artifacts. However, all empires must eventually fall, so players will need to be ready to put an overextended race into a state of “decline” and lead a new one to rule Azeroth.

Blizzard and Days of Wonder worked closely to create a game that seamlessly brings together both universes. Small World of Warcraft features a variety of new and exclusive artwork that captures the feel of the colorful and vibrant Warcraft universe, with races and special powers designed to be familiar to the millions of WoW® players around the world who’ve explored the far reaches of Azeroth.

To learn more about the game, please visit the dedicated website.

The game is now available for pre-purchase at a selection of partners:

Continue reading...